What can you expect from your first consultation?
Our team will:
- Your medical condition relating to your orthotic needs
- Your lifestyle, activity requirements and desired outcome
- Consider your level of pain, your age, physical condition and range of motion
- Your gait and comfort levels
- The physical appearance of your skin
- Discuss your requirements
- Access, measure and fit you with the appropriate orthoses – standard or custom.
As professionals in this field, we may recommend a referral to a specialist if necessary to ensure a thorough diagnosis for your condition.
Ankle pain can be caused by:
- Ankle sprain
- A fracture in one of the bones that make up the ankle joint
- Arthritis of the ankle joint
- Inflammation of the joint lining
- Injury to the nerves that pass through the ankle
- Scar tissue in the ankle after a sprain.
- Torn or inflamed tendons
Ignoring pain is never a good idea. If you develop on-going ankle pain it can change the way you walk and cause injury to your legs, knees, hips and back.
Don’t let a ankle injury hold you back any longer; book an appointment with Orthotic House today, and let us help you find the relief you deserve.